- Isaac sleeps with so many stuffed animals and blankets–it’s obscene really. He told me the other day that his bed was ‘clevered’ in toys! Hmmm, I do not think that word means what you think it means. Anyhow, last night at 3 AM, he called me into his room. Underneath all the mess, he had found a head lamp (one of those headband things with a lamp on it that you only ever see on spelunkers and Amazing Race contestants), of all things! He was apparently taking inventory of his cuddly toys and realized “that’s not supposed to be in here!!!”.
- You know how it’s bad to go to the grocery store when you’re hungry? I’ve figured out what’s worse–going to Krispy Kreme when you haven’t had lunch. I did that last week with the boys. It was 4:30 and I had spaced out on lunch (for me–of course the boys had eaten). My intention was to get each of us a doughnut. But then came the perfect storm of my hunger and a coupon I had for “Buy one dozen, get one dozen FREE”. I wasn’t gonna do it, but then I began to feel woozy and had a Shelby, drink your juice moment at the window and heard myself ordering 24 doughnuts. It was an out of body experience. But we made it work.
- I have been waking up a lot at night to find my arms numb. For as long as I can remember, I have slept in the same position–on my stomach, with my arms straight and underneath my body….and the covers pulled almost over my head. Cute, right? Well, apparently, lately I’ve been sleeping on my side, with my arms crossed. Like I’m about to give somebody a lecture in my sleep. But I keep waking up like that and my arms are all numb. I was telling Jason this and he responded, “so now you even SLEEP in angry mom posture?”. I guess so. This is what my children have pushed me to.
- I was reading the book “We’re Different, We’re the Same” with Isaac and when it was over he told me that he likes to be the same. Since clearly we are all different (wasn’t he paying attention to the theme of the book??), I asked him who he wanted to be the same as. He said, “Daddy. I want to be the same as Daddy.” I told him that if there was anyone he should want to be like, it is his Daddy. Smart kid.
- I am looking for a new skin care line. I think there should be special skin care for women in their 30s. It needs to address both aging and acne. Something along the lines of “Clearasil for Fine Lines”. If you come across anything like that, let me know.
- How do you pronounce foyer? I really want to know. I say “foy-er”. But then a lot of people say “foi- yay”, which sounds pretentious to me. According to dictionary.com, both pronounciations are correct. All I know is I laugh when I’m watching House Hunters and for the most part, everybody is totally regular but then they say things like “foi-yay” and “en suite!”. Maybe the prounounciation depends on the price of the house–anything over $400K deserves a French accent? In which case, we will just call ours an entryway.