- Remember our weird neighbors? And the sign they put out for us? How could you forget? Well, it got flipped back over and Jason took a picture.I told you they were freaks! Of course, they probably have pictures of us up on their blog saying we are freaks too. But we all know who’s right, don’t we? Don’t we??
- I started a new book last night called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. It is by Donald Miller. Although I normally stick to fiction, I am loving this book–the writing is superb and funny and witty and I found myself chuckling aloud a few times. The book begins when movie producers approach the author about making a movie of his life, and how this spurred a lot of reflection and a desire to make his life a story worth telling. Here is a quote from the author’s note:
So here I am, only 32 pages in, but recommending this book to you. So far, both as someone who loves to tell my story and who yearns to have a meaningful one, I am enjoying this book immensely.
- Isaac has been skipping his nap more and more. Some days it’s not a real problem, other than the fact that it makes for a really long day for me (and isn’t it all about me???). But some days, he is at the end of his rope by dinnertime. One night, he was eating a clementine with his dinner and he asked me to sing the Clementine song. You know the one–oh my darlin’, oh my darlin’, oh my darlin’ Clementine. I sang it once and then he asked me to sing it again. Halfway through the second time, he was SOBBING, saying why was the clementine lost and gone forever???? Where did it go???
- Is it just me, or does the pertussis vaccine commercial induce panic attacks in all mothers? I mean, I think that’s kind of the point (to scare you enough to GET the vaccine), but my sensitive nervous system can’t really handle the sound of an infant struggling to breathe. The worst is when I have the TV on while the boys are napping and that commercial comes on and suddenly I am running upstairs in terror to see which of my children is hyperventrilicating.
- For 3 points, name the movie that spawned the word “hyperventrilicating”.
- Quote from Isaac: “Superman is a superhero and so is God”. I asked him where he heard that. His response? “I didn’t heared it. I just knowed it”. Don’t you just love a man with convictions?