**First of all, let me say that I am (pleasantly) shocked that 8 people linked up last week. I went to bed hearing the mother’s voice from the movie Carrie: they’re all gonna laugh at you!! I figured if two people linked up, I would deem it a success, but I was just hoping for at least one. So thanks. I know the number of people who join up every week will fluctuate, but I had a great time reading everybody’s posts!!!**
- A week or two ago, we began to notice ants in our bathroom. At first it was just a few here and there, and then one day (when Jason happened to be out of town) there was a trail of ants marching all over the wall and sink. All I could think of was this old movie case cover I used to see at the movie rental store when I was growing up. I was going to post the picture here, but I can’t bring myself to do it because it is even nastier than I remember. But you can go here to see it (because if you want to traumatize yourself, who am I to stop you???). After searching and finding it online, it seems really dirty and gross and makes me wonder what kind of rental store I was hanging out in. But I have to admit, in the small town I came from, movie rental stores also did double/triple duty as tanning salons and pawn shops. But I digress. We had ants in our bathroom and the exterminator (is it me or do you ALWAYS almost call them the terminators?) couldn’t get there for a few days. So I googled “natural ant repellents” and found out that cinnamon and bay leaves are both good at keeping ants at bay. Get it? Bay leaves….keeping the ants at bay? Hilarious. Anyway, this is what my bathroom looked like for a few days.
When the terminator exterminator came, he got a chuckle about my bathroom full o’ spices. But he told me that most people put them OUTSIDE to keep the ants from coming in. But really, who has that much cinnamon?
Oh, I guess I do. Why do I have that much cinnamon????? Apparently, I need to start writing on every grocery list I make “DON’T BUY CINNAMON!”. Clearly I had a coupon.
- Speaking of coupons, I watched about 10 minutes of that “Extreme Couponing” show. I’m all about clipping some coupons and shopping the sales and stocking up, but there are some loonies on there. Don’t you like how I’ve already branded them all after watching a whopping 10 minutes of the show? The woman I saw bought 77 bottles of mustard. She got them each for around 40 cents. I am sorry, but I am here to tell you that, sure, that is a lot of mustard to get for about $31. BUT WHY??? As she cleared every bottle off the shelf, her husband was saying, but I don’t even like mustard! And she was not even donating them!! Her husband had lost his job and she spent $31 on mustard?!?!? I’m sorry lady, but that was not a wise move and I had to change the channel immediately. Just because you CAN buy 77 bottles of mustard for $31 does not mean you SHOULD.
- Remember when I said that I was teaching StrollerMoms? You may wonder how I am getting Isaac to sit nicely in a stroller for an entire hour. It’s not easy. But he had his ipod. I brought his toy cell phone. Lots of grapes, peanut butter crackers and goldfish. But the clincher?
Yep. I’m paying him. I told him that I was the teacher for the mommies and he was the teacher for the babies. And teachers make money, so he is getting $1 for every class that he is well behaved a good teacher. And it is worth every…….dollar.
- We rarely go out to eat with our kids. Partly because it is more economical to eat at home. Partly because Isaac is so picky. But mostly because it is not fun to go out to eat with kids. Chik Fil A is the only place I might say is fun, but mama can only eat so much chicken, you know? I find that when we cave in and we DO go somewhere to eat, I leave thinking the same thing every time: What a nightmare. I PAID for this experience? Seriously???? The only bright side I can think of is that someone else has to worry about the mess under the table. But I always feel like I need to overtip due to the mess. And that is why I’d rather stay at home and let my dog eat the mess, because he takes his tips in ear rubs, and that’s really all I can afford anyway.
- Wednesday, Isaac had to miss his karate class. He had actually taken a nap that day and I had to wake him up for karate class, but he didn’t wake up in the best mood. I knew karate may be disastrous if he went with a bad attitude. But they have another class on Thursday, so we decided that he would make up his class the next day. As we discussed going on another day, he was asking me a lot of questions and I knew he was trying to find out if the kids on Thursday would be different than the kids on Wednesday. First he asked will there be people there? (Yes.) Then he asked will they have different heads? (Well…..technically….yes.) If you think about it, it makes total sense. With everybody dressed in a karate uniform, heads really are the only thing that are different about people.
- I love the way kids phrase things. Isaac has been using the term “brave of”. I suppose (and it makes sense) that he thinks “brave of” would be the opposite of “afraid of”. So lately I have been hearing that he is brave of things like doctors, lions, and pirates.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.