- The boys and I are leaving for the beach today for a family reunion. Simmer down, burglars–my husband and my attack dog (and attack cat, for that matter) will all still be home. Do you want to know how nerdy I am? I wrote 2 blog entries and scheduled them to post while I’m on vacation. I know, I know, you thought you were going to get a break from me. No such luck, my pretties. You can’t escape my ramblings!!
- We started the gluten-free diet with Isaac today–the day before vacation!!! You might say I am a gluten for punishment! At least that’s what my sister said.
- Last week, my friend Jenny shared some pictures of her beautiful garden. She is growing delicious fruits, vegetables and herbs for her family to enjoy. She inspired me to post a picture of my garden!!! It’s a work in progress.
- Isaac got this new patch at karate class. (Why aren’t these things iron on?? Like I have time to be stapling patches on every week!). Please enjoy the irony…..
- Speaking of karate, Isaac is loving it. He told me that when he grows up, he wants to be a sensei and a daddy. And he doesn’t call the senseis by their names. He calls them “The Sensei Who Asks Me if I Left My Yes Sir at Home” and “The One with the Beard”.
- In other karate news, as a spectator, I have learned a valuable lesson. Kids raise their hand and want desperately to answer questions even when they have no clue as to what the answer is. Evidenced in last weeks class, the sensei asked who could tell the class the secret to a good stretch. Because I pay attention, I know the answer is “keep your legs straight and point your toes to outer space”. Isaac raised his hand and then got called on and had to admit he did not know the answer (clearly because his legs were bent and his toes were pointed at the wall). Later the sensei asked who could tell him what country this flag was from: Again, Isaac raised his hand. I was cursing that the question wasn’t to identify Korea’s flag, because Isaac knows that one. Again he was called on. This time, at least he had an answer: The Red Circle Country. Other guesses from the class were Canada and Africa, but I think Isaac was the closest.
- The ants are back. This week, they bombarded the boys’ bathroom. They scoffed at my bay leaves this time. I think they even flipped me a tiny little bird as they defiled the Dora the Explorer toothpaste dispenser.
- I bought some of that Jergens lotion that is supposed to make you “glow”. It has the added bonus of supposedly firming your skin. With summer coming up, these legs of mine need some help. I put some on this morning after my shower and the bottle said that I had to wait 10 minutes before putting on any clothes. So now I have to work 10 minutes worth of nudity into my morning schedule? Like I have time for this! I better have some firm, tan legs at the end of this bottle, and that is no small order.
- Now that Isaac knows the days of the weeks, he has asked to learn the months. I decided we would try to learn 3 on the first day: January, February and March. When he recites them, he calls them: January, Monthuary, and March. I love it almost as much as when he thought one of the days of the week was Foursday.
- Isaac was looking at a dollar bill the other day. Out of the blue, he looked up at Jason and, pointing to the picture of George Washington, asked, “Is this a picture of you when you were young?”.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.