- Jason didn’t come to the beach with us, and we returned home on Easter, so I asked him to hide some eggs for the boys and prepare their Easter baskets. After the boys went through the baskets, Jason told them there were eggs out in the yard with goodies inside. I was pretty impressed, but what I didn’t know is that he had decided to hide the resurrection eggs my mom had given us. If you’re not familiar with resurrection eggs, they are a tool to use when explaining the Easter story to your children. I hadn’t actually done it with the kids because it still seems a bit graphic to me (they know the story, but not the down and dirty details). Anyway, Isaac found an egg and opened it and it was a donkey and I think cool, Jason got them a bunch of little animals to play with. Then the next one is a spear….then a shroud……then a rock. The kids were perplexed and I will forever question Jason’s use of the word “goodies”.
- In keeping with the theme “When Daddy is in Charge of Easter”, this is the card that Jason got me.
- One of the relatives my boys got to know at our reunion was my Aunt Joann. Isaac initially called her Aunt July (in total seriousness), but then excitedly told Jason on the phone: we have ANOTHER Aunt Chris! And her name is Aunt Joann!
- When Matthew is being finicky about snacks, I will list for him the snack options. Sometimes he tells me (about foods that he likes), No, don’t want it. Too tasty. I wonder if he knows what he is saying makes no sense. He may as well say that’s simply too delicious, and I can’t stand the idea of it.
- On our first morning of vacation, the kids were up at 5:20. AM. The one bright side to that was that when a Percy train “drove off” off the 7th! Floor! balcony at 6:50 AM, there weren’t many people awake or walking around below. Of course, they all woke up when Isaac screamed “PERCY!!!!!! PERCY, ARE YOU OKAY??”. Later on, in the elevator, I realized that Isaac was lucky not to be carted off to juvie, having committed a felony AND ignored a noise ordinance, all within 12 hours of arriving at the condo….
- The upside to Jason not coming on this trip with us is that after mornings at the beach when I was sandy, sticky, (and let’s face it) a little stinky, I would crawl in our king size bed and take a nap on the opposite side than where I was sleeping at night. It was very efficient to have a dirty side and a clean side to match my cleanliness (or lack thereof) level.
- When I bought the groceries for our vacation, I was so caught up in the gluten-free frenzy and trying to make sure that Isaac would have plenty of choices and fun things to eat, I literally only bought myself 4 things : coffee, almond bear claws, Mike’s Hard Mango Punch (I know I’m a dork!!!) and prunes (I know I’m old!!!). And the nearest grocery store was 20 miles away. Vacation food fail.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.
a target=”_blank” href=”http://www.blenza.com/linkies/links.php?owner=thewonderfulhappens&postid=27Apr2011″>