- Isaac has been asking us to pray every night that he won’t be scared. I don’t actually think he is scared, I just think he enjoys prolonging bedtime. So we pray that he will have good dreams and that God will send angels to camp out around his bed. Tonight he grabbed my arm as I was leaving and said, “wait, let me pray for you so you won’t be scared”. He then prayed that God would send a princess around my neck to take care of me.
- Do y’all watch The Amazing Race? Well on the finale Sunday night, teams had to go underwater in this helmet thingy to look for clues–It was making me feel all kinds of anxious, but also reminded me of something funny. When Jason was about 15, he spent most of one summer hanging out at a community pool. Ever the nerd, he got the bright idea to go underwater with a bucket over his head and stay under while breathing the air in the air bubble. He had a friend use a bicycle pump to keep air coming in for him. He even went so far as to have a friend deliver a Snickers bar to him, brought down in a tennis ball can. That’s devotion to an experiment right there, not to mention some good comrades. I love nerds.
- When getting the boys ready for bed one night, I told Mathew to go downstairs and tell daddy that he needed his eye drops and Singulair. He told Jason that he needed his “singyalater”, but not before Isaac reminded me that he also needed his “mela-toe-mid”. And yes, our kids are on a ridiculous amount of medications.
- Isaac was pryaing one night and sat straight up and announced, “God is happy to help me!”. What a wonderful revelation!
- Have you ever wondered what those tubes they put in kids’ ears look like? Me too. I found out when a doctor pulled one out of Isaac’s ear last week. It had fallen out and was laying in the canal. Here it is in all it’s glory (and covered in wax)
- Let me preface this by saying I love my kids, I really do. BUT. Can I just say (with love) that Matthew’s voice has some kind of odd frequency to it, so that when he yells in certain environments, it almost makes your fillings hurt. It’s like when you hit your funny bone and that jolt of biological electricity runs down your arm and then kind of tingles for the rest of the day. His voice really hits its peak in tiled public bathrooms or maybe a corridor leading to a vacation condominium. When Isaac yells, it annoys me, yes, but Matthew’s yell–well, it reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld when Kramer would have seizures when he heard Mary Hart’s voice. Bless his heart.
- Just so you know, in the South, you can say just about anything about anybody as long as you add, “Bless their heart” or “God love her” onto it.
- I saw a commercial for Hanes Women’s Underwear, and the tagline was something like “they’re cute, and they don’t ride up” and I thought–I gotta get me some of those. Does that make me old?
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.