- The stroller workout class I teach meets in front of a Gold’s Gym. Isaac calls it the Golden Gym.
- So, you know Sir Toppham Hat, right? Of Thomas the Tank Engine fame? Well, did you also know that his brother’s name is Sir Lowham Hatt? And his mother’s name is Dowager Hatt? This is the crazy minutiae that is cluttering up my mind. I used to be smart. There was organic chemistry in this brain. And physics. And lyrics to angsty 90s alternative songs. Now people from my high school class friend request me on facebook and I can’t even recall who they might be. But you can bet your bottom dollar I know who freaking Dowager Hatt is. So I’ve got that going for me.
- A co-worker of Jason’s (Tony the cowboy, as Isaac calls him) loaned us 2 movies. “Iron Man 2” and “The Princess and the Frog”. The boys found them and immediately refused to watch the Disney cartoon. Their reasoning? You see that dude in the upper right hand corner? Isaac said, “I’m scared of she”. Matthew’s reason? Isaac said it was scary. On the other hand, they both knew who Iron Man was and have requested repeatedly (with zero success) to watch that movie.
- The other day, Isaac brought me a marker and a piece of paper and asked me to draw a hippo. I’m no artist, but I gave it a shot. I drew an oval for a body, a circe for a head, and then paused to ponder how I might proceed. He snatched the marker out of my hand and screamed, “WRONG! You drew a squirrel!!!!”.
- As a mother, there are many times when you hear yourself saying something that you never would have imagined would be coming from your mouth. Case in point–just yesterday I said, “Are you sticking Candy Land cards down your pants?”. And yes. He was.
- Would you like to know what word I hate? Meme. I just don’t like it. Mostly because I don’t know how to use it correctly. Mostly because I’m not sure exactly what it means. Oh, and also cause it’s stupid. And don’t feel like you need to comment with the definition. I can look it up if I really want to. But you might make me laugh if you can work that word into your comment in a natural way. Good luck with that though, because if I haven’t mentioned it before, it’s a dumb word.
- I’m pretty sure I don’t have a diagnosable medical condition, but there are certain things, that if I really sit and think about them, make me a nervous wreck. I think it’s because they are so far out of the realm of my understanding. Like the internet. And how email works. And how google works, and how that one website is somehow able to harness information from every other website in the world and HOW IN THE HECK DOES THAT EVEN WORK? And what is the internet really? And eternity and infinity and unstoppable forces and immovable objects. What’s that about? And like way back when, when people were building roads and they had to make interstates and highways and decide how they were all going to intersect and stuff and oh my goodness, someone get me a paper bag to breathe into. It’s all too much for me, I just need to go watch Thomas the Train. Where’s Dowager Hatt when I need her???
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.