- I am finding Whatnot Wednesday to be a bit elusive this week. The funny is not coming easily to me. My brain may need something stronger than a neti pot this time around. Maybe, just this once, my theme should be the Nosefrida. Have you seen this thing? A bloggy friend of mine recommended it to me when I was elbow deep in kid snot and it is rather amazing (I will forever be indebted to you, Ms. Frick). Using your mouth to suck the snot from your kid’s nose? Sign me up!
- Tomorrow is the last day of school and I have to admit, I am so ready for it to be over. I am suffering from serious room mom angst. It’s nobody’s fault but my own. At orientation in August, the teacher asked me if I was dependable and organized, and as if I was at some important job interview, I blurted out, “why, those are the two words that describe me BEST!!”. I was promptly awarded the title of room mom. I will just say that it’s been a lot of work and leave it at that. My plan next year, when they ask who is dependable and organized, is to let my eyes glaze over and begin furtively picking my nose.
- Isaac stubbed his toe one day and was crying. I asked him which toe he hurt because I was going to kiss it. He told me that he hurt his right thumb toe.
- My husband is kicking my tail on Words with Friends right now. This is hard for me to accept, seeing as my self esteem is way higher than it should be (per my mom) and I just assume that I am the smartest person ever. And let’s face it, I’m a blogger, I know words! In my defense, I have had really bad letters. At one point, these were the letters I had: Q, A, A, I, I, O, O. That ain’t right.
- My sister was joking with Isaac, asking him if he would go to the store to get her a Coke. His answer? No, I can’t drive, because I won’t be 16 for a long time ago.
- Saturday, I got to live out my Say Yes to the Dress fantasy. No, not the one where I go shopping for a dream dress–the one where I’m a consultant at Kleinfeld’s. This all came about because my sister got engaged. And I won’t use this opportunity to whine that my she broke the news to me via text. Oh yes. She did. And I don’t even have a texting plan. So I was offended. And down twenty five cents. But I digress. Anway, she needed some help picking a dress. We went to David’s Bridal, which wasn’t exactly Kleinfelds, but I got to pick dresses, and I even snatched one of those clips from the consultant (you know those clips they use to pinch the dress up so it fits?), which made me feel super important. And she said yes to the dress. So it was a win-win.
- Is it weird that we are just a week away from June and I just turned my electric blanket on 4? Does it make a difference if I’m kind of sickly with a nasty summer cold? You know what, don’t answer that. Somebody bring me a Nosefrida.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.