- Isaac learned a new song at Vacation Bible School. From what he has been singing, here is what I imagine the correct lyrics must be: I, I can do all things, all things, all things, I, I can to all things through Christ who strengthens me. Here is what he is actually saying: I, I can do all fings, all fings, all fings, I, I can to all fings to help ’em straightens me. He is totally gonna be that guy who goes to karaoke and sees the lyrics and goes, “OOOOOH, so that’s what they were saying!”.
- Yesterday, I met up with someone from a Birmingham Celiac group. She is working to collect gluten-free food to help FEMA feed tornado victims with gluten issues. And since I have all this gluten-free food that Isaac can’t eat because he is allergic to rice…..I had a lot to give. I had never met her before, and we met in the Whole Foods parking lot. That morning, I was carrying a lot of stuff to the car like snacks for the boys, the 2 bags of food that I was donating, newspaper and a vacuum cleaner (long story). Oh, and my two 4-year old kids. I stuck my purse in one of the food bags to consolidate and accidentally donated my purse to the tornado victims along with 5 boxes of frozen waffles. And I couldn’t call her to tell her that she had my purse, because she also had my phone, which was the only place where I had her phone number. Thank goodness this woman responded to the repeatedly ringing groceries in her backseat and met me to return my purse!
- Our poor dog. The boys have clearly indoctrinated him into their Thomas the Tank Engine cult.
- Speaking of Thomas-mania….every morning when Isaac takes his pajamas off to get dressed, he asks me if they go in the hamper or in the drawer (clean or dirty). If I say drawer, his reply is always, “but I don’t know how to fold them”. So I tell him, just put them on your bed and I’ll fold them. As an aside, Matthew never has this dilemma. He sees no issue with putting dirty, inside out pajamas right back into his drawer, or even putting clean pajamas in the hamper. His conscience has no time to deal with extraneous matters such as these. Anyway, one day, I guess I forgot to fold the pajamas. Isaac found them there that afternoon and walked up to me with his hands on his hips saying, “Mom, you forgot to fold my pajamas. You have caused confusion and delay.”
- I am so glad that preschool is out for the summer. Never mind that the boys are in Vacation Bible School this week and next week they start a 2 morning/week program through July. Our pace has slowed WAY down. And this break has staunched the steady flow of crap priceless art that is coming into my house via backpack on a daily basis. Look, I love my kids. I love their artwork. But sending all this home in ONE DAY (yes, ONE DAY!!!) is enough send an almost-stable woman into a panic attack. It’s true–I found an almost-stable woman and asked her. As for me, I was having convulsions on the crumb-covered floor.
- Isaac recently had an evaluation with our school system, and I am pleased to announce that next year, he will be serving as a peer in the same program that Matthew attends! Yes, this fall, my boys will be at the same school, at the same times, on the same days. I could almost cry with joy. It is a miracle proportionate to the Red Sea, people. (not that the Red Sea in itself is a miracle, I’m talking about when it parted) Anyway, during his testing, he did well on the cognitive portion, and a friend of mine said to me, “well, with as smart as Jason is, and as big as your head is, it’s no surprise that he’s smart.” If you were ever looking for a perfect example for a back-handed compliment, there you go!
- Well, it’s the end of an era. My little white netbook just went kaput. I bought it for $150 a couple of months before Matthew came home, so I guess you could say I got my money’s worth. Literally just a few days after it died, my friend Rusty was here visiting and he gave me his almost new, shiny, red netbook to replace it. I’m telling you, I only have like 3 friends, but they are GOOD friends. He even got it all configured for me while I was sleeping one night. When I opened it for the first time, this is what I saw.
So I really have no excuse why my Whatnot Wednesday is a few hours late……..
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.