- I’ve recently discovered almond butter. We decided to try it out with Isaac to see if he has allergy issues with it. You can see how that worked out by visiting my totally awesome other blog (which I have thought up what I believe to be a hysterical button for if I ever get around to making it) here. In the meantime, I sit and eat it with a spoon. It is delicious, and perfect for lazy people like me. It is all the good things about almonds without the pesky exercise of chewing!
- You know how sometimes you just cannot win with your children? When there is no good solution to a problem? The other day, Matthew wanted to ride in the wagon, while pulling himself around. Reread that last sentence. For him to be satisfied, he had to be pulling the wagon WHILE sitting in the seat and enjoying himself. You see what I mean? Nobody wins here.
- Every night at bedtime, we individually pray with the boys. I always start by saying, “Dear God, Thank you so much for Isaac” (or for Matthew, depending on who I am praying with). Isaac always prays when I am done and he starts by saying, “Dear God, thank you so much for me.” Incidentally, then his cuddly toys say a prayer (he provides the voice which happens to be a high pitched, exaggerated Southern drawl). His cuddly toys always begin their prayer by saying, “Dear God, thank you so much for our boy, Isaac”. I would expect nothing less from his silkie.
- As an aside, can I just mention that silkie’s middle name is Sweetie Pie? Actually every one of Isaac’s cuddly toys shares the middle name Sweetie Pie. True story.
- Embarrassing confession time. I have seen the trailer for the new Winnie the Pooh movie twice and I have had to stop myself from crying both times. I think it is because the Winnie the Pooh movies are so sweet and innocent, and I’ve been having a lot of frustrations with the grown up themes and language (yes, stupid, idiot, moron, and hell really bother me!) in the movies that are supposed to be geared towards kids. My boys really love Winnie the Pooh, and I love that they love it, and we were watching the preview and it’s playing that song I love by Keane, and I’m thinking that this might be the last sweet, innocent summer movie they ever want to see, and suddenly I’m a hot mess. See for yourself–does it mess you up too, or should I be looking into some sort of hormone therapy?
- I just thought of a memory that I need to write down, because I don’t ever want to forget it. First a little background, when I blow Isaac kisses, he always pretends to catch the kiss and plant it on his face. Back at the beginning of May, the boys’ preschool had a spring concert and art show. After Isaac’s class performance, before he left the stage, he looked at us, and I blew him about 15 kisses through the air. He pantomimed catching all of the kisses mid-air, and then rubbed them all over his face, like he was literally washing his face in my kisses. I never want to forget that moment when my son delighted so much in my attention and my love….in front of his friends!!!
- I am sitting here listening to the boys playing with their trains (what? you thought we would be doing more fun, crafty things like making forts or rainbow rice? Get real.). Isaac sets up scenes from Thomas movies or TV shows and has the trains “act” the scenes out. He narrates. I just heard him say, “and then Emily knowed she was magic”. I love to hear the funny narration he comes up with.
- So I am sitting here in the living room and the TV is on but it is muted. An episode of “The Andy Griffith Show” is on. Incidentally, I can’t stand this show, it just came on after “How I Met Your Mother”. Anyway, I glanced up and there was Aunt Bea…..and here is the depressing part. I used to always think she was really, really old, but today when I saw her, I just thought she was moderately old. Which could only mean one of two things–either this was a very, very early episode and I have only seen episodes filmed 20 years into the series or (and this is just a very faint possibility) I am old.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.