- Today’s Whatnot Wednesday is delayed for many reasons, but mostly because I am involved in a number of heated Words with Friends games. Including one with Grace, which I am gracefully losing. If you wanna play me (which could further delay other blog posts–it’s your call), my user name is I’mABlogger. Cause I am.
- Look, I know you’re not supposed to wish time with your kids away. But here’s what I want to know—when won’t I have to talk my kid down from a ledge every time the need to go poo strikes? When won’t I have to go through the same mantra, “Calm down. It’s fine. First, put the potty seat on the toilet. Now pull down your pants. Good. Now climb up. Now push your wee wee down. Good. Now call me when you’re done”. I’m just saying, I don’t think this is one of those things I’ll miss one day.
- I recently built 2 retaining walls. Go ahead, be extremely impressed. Oh, and that fence behind the walls? Yeah, my husband did that. We’re basically like a modern day Bob Vila couple. It’s so hot here though, that I probably won’t be able to plant anything until October.
- On the morning of my mom’s surgery, I got up with her at 4:45 AM to help her get ready to go to the hospital. Once my aunt picked her up to take her, I was awake, so I thought I’d make some homemade pumpkin muffins. I made the batter and it was so thick, but I had never made the recipe before, so I didn’t think too much of it. Even after they baked, they were like hockey pucks. But they tasted fine. We all ate them, even though I was perplexed. Later that day, I was sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden, it came to me. I didn’t remember getting down the can opener to open the pumpkin. I didn’t remember anything about adding the pumpkin–because I forgot! Brilliant, right? So in the interest of full disclosure, Jason and I called them “spice-kin muffins”.
- In other news, Isaac kept calling them pumpkin mumpkins.
- Isaac has been asking for a Patchwork Hiro. If you don’t know who that is, then you clearly are not up on your Thomas trivia, so I will offer you this tutorial. This is Hiro (who we have):This is patchwork Hiro (who we don’t have, and who I am not prepared to shell out $25 more dollars for):So my mom got the idea that we make our own Patchwork Hiro and we did…..
which has ceased the endless begging at least for a while.
- Did I ever tell you that we got 2 fish? My mom gave them to Matthew for his birthday. Isaac named one Fishy Fish and Matthew named the other Matthew. Original, I think. Anyway, to prepare the boys that fish are fragile and not the heartiest of pets, my mom gave them a warning that if we overfeed the fish, they will die. The boys warn everyone who visits that the fish could die at any time, which is a super-cheerful way to greet guests. Well the other night, Matthew accidentally dropped in about 40-50 flakes (and the fish are only supposed to eat 2-3 a day). And do you know that the darn fish are still alive? So if you want a hearty pet, get a couple of tetras.
- Did you see those crazies out this morning in their pajamas? They went to the bank and then they were at the gas station? Well, why didn’t you wave or honk at us for pete’s sake? Do we EMBARRASS you??? Do you think you’re better than us? Oh well, you probably are.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.