- This weeks Whatnot Wednesday is brought to you by “Cruddy Bullet Pointing”. WordPress still perplexes me. If I can’t figure out the bullet points on here, it is no surprise why I rarely win at Words with Friends.
- Isaac learned the song “The Ants Go Marching” at preschool and he is giddy with it. Personally, I only know about 5 verses (up to “the ants go marching five by five, hurrah, hurrah). But he seems to think that it goes on forever, much to the delight of Matthew, who says, “do it again!!” after every verse. It’s kind of like their own version of 99 Bottles of Beer on the wall. The funny thing about it (and by funny, I mean if you are not enclosed in a van with him) is that on every!single!verse!, the little one stops to tie his shoe. Which leads me to believe that if the little one’s shoes are coming untied that much, he may actually be a millipede instead of an ant.
- Get it? Cause a millipede would be wearing 1000 shoes? Versus an ant who would only be wearing 6?
- Which still isn’t actually true because I googled “how many legs does a millipede have” and they really only have between 36-400 legs.
- I don’t really fold underwear. I fold everything else, but underwear I just toss into the designated drawer after they are washed and dried. So when Isaac gets dressed, some of his are inside out. This perplexes him and he cannot figure out how to get them right (Matthew can’t either, but it doesn’t stop him–he just wears them inside out. Actually one night, his underwear AND his pajama pants were on inside out and the tag was sticking right out from his butt and it looked like he had grown a tail.) But I digress. Isaac always calls me in his room and asks me if I can “un-inside-out” his underwear.
- If somebody calls your phone, from a number you do not recognize, and you miss the call, and they do not leave a message what do you do? I just assume it was somebody with a wrong number or somebody that I didn’t want to talk to anyway. I have noticed that a lot of people immediately call you back and say “somebody just called me from this number”. Are you that desperate to talk to someone new on the phone? Do you think that there was a good chance that it was Ed McMahon calling to give you sweepstakes money (and he didn’t leave a message)?? If I missed a call and didn’t get a message, I count it as total victory–I just dodged awkward phone time. I just think that’s weird.
- Now you must be wondering, do I call a lot of people who don’t know me without leaving them a message? No. This usually happens to me AS I’m leaving the message. They call me back. I click over, and they say in an all-important voice, “someone from this number just called me” as if they are freaking Columbo.
- Let’s talk about my new (2-year old) minivan. So it’s pretty much awesome. It’s got wireless headphones with the DVD player so the kids can watch a movie while I listen to NPR or the non-radio edited version of “Golddigger”. It even has a hookup for a gaming system, not that my kids know how to play video games yet, but the point is that I could have a Wii tournament in my van if I wanted to. It’s got those cool installed shades in the backseat, that can even remain up when the windows are down. So no more crappy suction-on shades for me. It has tons of storage, including a cool place in the floor that opens up where I can store Twilight memorabilia umbrellas or atlases or whatever!! It’s got a newfangled hologram thingie in the rearview mirror and every time I put it in reverse, a backup camera shows up there! Tons of buttons and about 6000 cupholders, which is good, because I am a very thirsty person.
- We drove to a small town in Mississippi to buy the van and we saw this clock tower. With the thunderstorm brewing in the background, it made me feel the need to string a wire up there and try to harness 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and turn my new minivan into a time machine. Unfortunately though, I got the model with seat heaters and not the flux capacitor.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.