- Today’s Whatnot Wednesday is a little late because I thought that I could take 1/2 of a phenergan with iced coffee this morning and it would not have the sedative effect. I was wrong. So I finally became lucid around 2 PM, but then realized that my batch of Pioneer Woman iced coffee was almost gone, which meant that if I didn’t make another batch right then that I wouldn’t have any for the next morning, and I had to get that going, because it has to brew for 8 hours and if I didn’t start it now, I would have to stay up really late to work on it. I tell you what, it’s a full time job just keeping me awake.
- As for the phenergan, I had a migraine that was making me nauseous. I don’t take it recreationally–why would I? All I want to do is sleep anyway.
- It’s official. Matthew has now acquired enough English to tattle on me. I was making dinner the other night and Jason was telling the boys to pick up the massive amount of Duplos in the floor. Matthew said, “but mommy dumped them out!”. That’s the last time I try to help you ungrateful kids build the Eiffel Tower out of Duplos, I know that. (Especially since nobody was excited about it, and they practically cheered when I moved back to my standard position: butt on couch with laptop in lap).
- Last week, as we were leaving karate, Isaac was getting upset about something like a gnat in the van. I said, “Isaac don’t worry–ain’t no thang but a chicken wang.” He thought that was pretty funny and kept repeating it, but he couldn’t remember the exact saying the next day. He kept saying, “ain’t no thang……ain’t no thang…..what is it mommy?”. I gave him a hint: think of what a chicken uses to fly. Then he announced, “Ain’t no thang but a chicken feather!”.
- I have begun to realize that the hotter it gets outside, the more money I am willing to spend on train paraphernalia. How else can I explain this?
- I have a strange compulsion. If someone ever compliments me on my clothes, I blurt out strange things. Here is an example. Random person: I love your jeans. Me: Oh, thanks. Can you believe I got them at an outlet and they were originally $100 but marked down to only $9.99? Random person: That’s a great dress. Me: Oh my goodness, would you believe I got it off the clearance rack at TJ Maxx? Why do I always do that? Am I embarrassed at the few really nice items of clothing I have or am I bragging about my bargain hunting skills?
- Don’t you hate it when you get a song stuck in your head and you just cannot stop singing it? Well Matthew has been singing the same song since last December. Seriously. He still sings “Deck the Halls” all the time. And he still thinks the song is about someone named Charlie. Today at the library, while I was checking our stuff out, he was spinning in a circle singing, “da da da da da da da da Charlie”.
- Isaac found an old Wiggles CD and he has been listening to it sometimes in his room. It reminded me of something funny. At our last house, there were 2 older boys that lived next door, but their cousin (who was about Isaac’s age) was at their house all the time. Sometimes they would come play in our playroom, and Isaac was in a phase where he just listened to music and danced all the time. So Isaac would turn on the Wiggles and try to get everyone to join him in dancing, and this little kid (who was super tough at sports) would literally crumple in the floor and sob while Isaac danced around him. Because the Wiggles music scared him. And Isaac would get so lost in the music that he wouldn’t even notice. This might make me a bad person, but I always found it hysterical.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.