- I’m running a bit late today. Just a tad. We got an unexpected date night tonight and went to see “Horrible Bosses” at the dollar theater. It was really funny. Then we came home and played canasta with some friends. Cause we’re old.
- Note to self: now that I play canasta, I should probably also start keeping hard candies in my purse and a kleenex tucked under my sleeve. I think that’s the rule.
- Tonight on the way home from the movie, we passed a doughnut shop. They were closed and the lights were out, but I saw someone moving around in there. I pointed it out to Jason and said, “note the time! 7:18 PM”. He had no idea what I meant. Is it just me or do you always note the time anytime you see suspicious activity or hear a noise that may be a gunshot (or fireworks)? You may have to report this to the police or be a witness in a trial!! One day I’m gonna be a star witness, people.
- The other day I had on a shirt with a scoop neck. I think that’s what you call it. It came down a little low in the back–not so low that you could see my bra or anything, but lower than a normal shirt. When I picked the boys up from school, Isaac told me that my shirt was broken. When I asked him why, he told me that he could see my back, and I needed a new shirt.
- Last weekend I did the nicest thing for myself. I was at Costco and I bought myself a pack of underwear. And they are so cute and comfortable!! I have just been tickled to death about it all week.
- And yes, I realize how sad that is. But Costco knows how to get me excited. Comfy new underwear, ginormous bags of coffee and 1000 ibuprofen for less than $10. That’s hot.
- We got a new fish on Friday to replace Fishy Fish–our fish that died a while back. In a burst of creative genius, Isaac decided to name the new fish Fishy Fish 2. Jason asked if we could call the new fish FF2 for short, and Isaac was indignant. He said if we wanted to call him something for short that we could call him Buttoner.
- When Jason gives the boys their baths, he lets them have a while to play in the tub before washing them. When it’s time for soap and shampoo, he tells them it’s time to get down to business. So now, at bathtime, they are always asking “when is business?”. Or if Matthew is in the tub, I will send Isaac up to see if he is almost done and he will scream down to me, “Matthew is about to start business!”.
- So I made it in just under the wire. Note the time–it’s 11:56 PM. Boo ya.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.