- Isaac asked me the other day if I knew that there was another word for a princess or queen. Apparently, it is a “yahighness”.
- We were all supposed to go to my aunt’s on Friday night for dinner but Matthew had a bad cold and was just too pitiful to go. I thought he would get upset when I told him that he would stay home with Jason, but he was so excited. He perked up and said, “Me and Daddy? Two little boys together?”.
- Driving home that night with Isaac, we opened the sunroof so he could look for stars. It was pretty cloudy and we didn’t see any, but we could see the moon. Isaac was very concerned that the moon was sad and lonesome without the stars. I heard him whisper in the backseat, “It’s okay, moon, I will take care of you”.
- Isaac ate 2 cupcakes on the night of my birthday dinner and I told him he could have another one the next day. So Saturday morning, I heard him stirring in his room. I heard a little bit of movement and then I heard him say loud and clear, “Almost time for a cupcake!”.
- I’ve been looking for some skinny jeans to wear with my boots. Trying them on is absolutely traumatic. I want a pair, but I know I will only wear them with a long top and tall boots. So basically there’s only about 18 inches of jeans that are visible. And I am not willing to pay $50-70 for jeans that will be mostly covered up. I told my sister I should invent the jeans version of the dickie. Jickies, if you will. Stretchy jeans thigh high type things but minus the feet portion. Jickies–who’s on board?
- Isaac: There was an old woman who swallowed a bird. How observe to swallow a bird. Ferhaps she’ll cry. This is a step up from when he used to sing it and end with “I hope she’ll die”.
- Today the city came by our house in a truck with a big claw to pick up the fallen tree. Matthew was in a mood, but was slightly appeased to be able to watch this go on out the window. Isaac tried to stand next to him and Matthew hit him. I scolded Matthew and told Isaac he was welcome to stand and watch with Matthew if he wanted, but Isaac answered, “no thank you. I don’t want to stand next to him right now. He is too botherish”.
- Isaac’s class is having pajama day tomorrow. When I saw this on the calendar and told him about it, he laughed for the longest time. He kept saying, “you’re teasing! You’re playing a silly joke on me! We don’t wear pajamas to school!!”. I finally had to email his teacher and tell her that she would have to tell him because he wouldn’t believe me!
- I was on the phone the other day and Isaac was standing next to me, badgering me relentlessly. “Excuse me? Excuse me, mom??” and tugging at my arm. Finally, I figured he must have something pretty important to tell me so I asked the person I was talking to to hold on. Isaac’s announcement to me? Once when I was a little boy, I ate a booger. Good to know.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.