What in the world have I been doing this week? I’ll give you a hint. Not blogging (even though I have lots to blog about). Not reading blogs (even though I want to know what’s going on with you all). Not watching HGTV or having coffee with friends. Here’s what I have been doing:
- Itching. And scratching. And taking steroids. Yes, the poison ivy I came down with 3 weeks ago is still here. Although at this point, we’re not exactly sure it’s poison ivy. So it might be something else…..like leprosy…..or cooties. If this round of steroids and some antihistamines don’t clear it up, I will be going to the dermatologist about it soon.
- Acclimating a new cat to our home. No, we weren’t exactly in the market for another cat. Yes, we are in love (especially the kids. And especially me. Okay, fine, Jason is in love too). Meet Collin.
And while he’s still getting used to his new surroundings, I think he likes it here just fine.
- Making a Halloween wreath…..okay fine, I think I did this last week.
- Getting ready for a certain someone’s 5th birthday party this weekend by making party favors. Even as I tied the string on these, I knew they would be much cuter with some colored straw in the bag, but I had to remind myself that the kids are 5, they don’t care, and it isn’t really about impressing the other moms (even though it feels that way).
- Also making cute decorations
- And homemade Halloween costumes–I’ll give you a sneak peek. This is the back of the puppy shirt……don’t you love the tail??
- Now I’ve got to get my kid off to karate–we’re late!!!!
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.