- I’m running a little late here. Did you notice? I really thought with the boys in school 3 mornings a week, that I would have all of this time on my hands, and now it seems that I am just busier. So I missed Wednesday because I was busy. I missed yesterday because I was sick–more on that later.
- The boys have been wearing their fleece footie pajamas. Isaac is in the biggest size (5T) and I fear this maybe his last footie pajama year–at least in the Carter’s brand. Anyway, I was reading to him one night and jokingly asked if I could borrow his cuddly footie pajamas. He said, “no, these are a 5T, not a 34T!!!”.
- The boys both LOVE to correct us when we are wrong about something. Yesterday we were talking about Gingerbread Men and Matthew said, “No, you mean Ginger Batman!!”.
- We’ve been getting a new roof this week, and if there is anything I loathe, it is having work done on the house. I hate getting quotes, I hate talking to the people, I hate that our dog can bark for 8 hours straight at noise going on outside. The problem is that I am the one home and mostly available. The other problem is that Jason always has these special questions and specifications and he never expresses them to the workers, but expects me to. I hate that. So anyway, I was bringing the boys home from school on Tuesday. We pull in the driveway, and I’m trying to herd them into the house through the debris of shingles in the driveway and yard, freaking out about roofing nails. I was carrying both of their backpacks and a small trampoline that someone had given us. So you could say that I was a little occupied. One of the workers was having a smoke in the front yard and decided to get all conversational. He was all, “we found quite a bit of rotten wood up there. More than we expected.” And then looks at me like we are about to discuss this. I was all, “oh, that’s too bad”, and he was all, “yeah, we almost didn’t even have enough wood with us to replace it”, and I was all, “I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS”, (on the inside) then I proceeded to walk to the house where of course, I stepped on a roofing nail that went through my TOM like, well, like a roofing nail through a TOM. Luckily I felt it poke my skin just in time and didn’t put weight on my foot. So yeah, I hate having work done on the house.
- So about me being sick. Yesterday, I woke up feeling fine. Great, even! I got the boys off to school and got ready for my small group, which was meeting at a home about 30 minutes away. On the drive out there, I started getting a headache, so when I got there I asked a friend for some Tylenol. I had some food and we started our study, and my head started pounding, and I started feeling nauseous FAST. I knew I was getting worse fast, so I told everyone I needed to get home. It was a long drive home though, and I just knew I was gonna puke. Soon. There was a 10 mile road that was all residential and I couldn’t believe that I was gonna have to puke by the road. How awful. And that’s exactly what happened. I finally made it home and was miserable for the rest of the day, but even in my misery, I found some humor in the fact that I had to puke on the side of the road. And last night I wrote a poem about it…..in haiku form. And yes, I know haikus don’t have stanzas, but I had a lot to say. So here goes:
Today I puked at
A graveyard (I’m not pregnant)
And it was raining.
I didn’t puke on
A grave (don’t worry). Just the
driveway part. It sucked.
The good news is that
my new TOMS stayed clean (thank God)
And nobody saw.
I was twenty miles
from my toothbrush, so I vow:
Buy gum for the car.