- Isaac asked me the other day, “Mom, can we pretend that I’m a virus that makes people sick and you’re an emptybody that tries to stop me?”.
- Today, Matthew was singing along so loudly with “Feliz Navidad” in the car. He was LOVING it. Then “Baby, it’s Cold Outside” came on, and he didn’t know any of the words, but he was belting something out. Hopefully I am raising at least one Christmas fanatic.
- Remember that Isaac requested Silky cupcakes for his birthday? Well, here they are, next to their namesake…..
- Matthew knows all the letters and their sounds, but he is having a hard time putting it all together to sound out words. So we have these wooden letters that go with a puzzle, and he loves to play with them. Sometimes, I will build a word and he will try to figure it out. So I wrote “bat” the other day. First we went through each letter sound. I said, “what does a ‘b’ say?” and he said “buzz”. Pretty funny. I clarified that I meant the LETTER B. After he got all of the letter sounds right, I said, “now put them all together”. Then, very carefully, he reached down and pushed the wooden letters all very closely together. I could never be a teacher!
- Isaac drew this picture the other day. I asked him who it was. He said, “me. Up close.”.
- Matthew is still super obsessed with the new cat, Collin. Collin purrs very loudly and Matthew will say, “he’s a-rumbling!!”. I told him that it was called purring, and now he says, “he’s Furring”. Which in truth, he usually is doing that as well.
- Speaking of fur, Isaac saw a tuft of white fur on the floor, and said, “Look, Collin lost some of his stuffing!”.
- I bought a cat bed/scratching post type thing for the cat and the boys were helping me put it together. The parts were called pipes and joints. So I’m sitting there saying, “Isaac, can you pass me a pipe?” and “Matthew, can you pass me a joint?”. They had no idea how funny it was. But it was. Maybe you had to be there…..