- Isaac was playing doctor with Jason and he got out the stethoscope and put it up to Jason’s chest. “Nothing in there but God and Jesus,” he said. Then he looked in Jason’s ear. “Nothing in there but thinking”. (Apparently Jason’s ear canal lends an excellent view of his brain.)
- Matthew still understandably struggles a bit with the English language. It’s more that it just takes him some time to sort out in his brain what exactly it is that he is wanting to say. Jason pulled some chopsticks out of our silverware drawer one day and Matthew says, “HEY!………..HEY!………” (this is what he does when he knows he wants to say something but he needs some time to think of it) “….those are…..those are…..PORK CHOPS!”.
- One night before Christmas, we had all finished dinner and were having dessert. The dessert was cookies that we had made earlier that day. We were all in a really silly mood and laughing very hard. I was making the boys laugh by telling them that the cookies they were eating were actually hot dog cookies. Right after I said it, I said, “wow, I’m even grossing myself out”. Then a few minutes later, Isaac said something silly and said, “I’m yucking myself out!!”.
- In keeping with Matthew’s theme of thinking that Christmas songs are about someone named Charlie, (last year he sang “Deck The Halls” for about 7 months saying “da da da da da da Charlie, fa la la la la la la la la”), this year I heard him singing “have a Charlie Charlie Christmas” (Holly Jolly Christmas). Maybe Charlie was one of the three wise men. Who knows?
- I was about to give Isaac a bath one day and I didn’t realize it but the pilot light on our hot water heater had gone out. So the tub filled up with very cool water. He climbed in and told me it was too cold. He said, “I can’t take a bath in this water, it feels like the Pacific in here!”.
- We decided to show the kids a few Looney Toons cartoons a few nights ago online and we started out with a Wile E. Coyote one. We quickly realized that our kids had no idea what dynamite or anvils were.
- Yesterday, Isaac was scrolling through Jason’s ipod touch. It had a bunch of folders of old pictures on it and Isaac was looking at all of them. He found a picture from our old house from when he was about 6 months old. We had a huge hydrangea bush and I had set him down in front of the bush to take his picture. He was only wearing a diaper and you really couldn’t even tell that in the picture. He died laughing and started shrieking “I’m naked in a garden!!! WHY AM I NAKED IN A GARDEN????”.
- Then he found another folder and when he opened it up, I told him that it was all of our pictures from Korea. Since the pictures are in order, one of the first ones is Jason and I standing outside the Birmingham Airport in the dark with our suitcases. Isaac looked at the picture politely and said, “Wow, Korea is nice!”.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.