- This morning before 6:45 AM, I wiped a poopy butt, fed the 3 animals, gave the dog a pill, and broke up a screaming, sobbing, and hitting fight between the boys about who was going to play with the empty toilet paper roll. An empty toilet paper roll, people. So basically, I may as well sell the 1000 Thomas trains because they are fighting over an empty toilet paper roll. Thank God, we didn’t finish a roll of paper towels. Something that monumental could have sent someone to the emergency room. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
- So I joined Pinterest back in September and for one weekend, I got really excited about it. And then I never went back. And I keep getting these emails telling me that people are following me on there, and it makes me feel pressured like I should be on there pinning noteworthy things, but I just can’t get into it. I mean, if you haven’t noticed, I’m barely keeping up with my blog.
- Karate is going great for Isaac. He really respects his sensei and it is great for teaching him respect and for his confidence. Monday at class, Isaac tossed his shoes under a chair and the sensei talked to him about how he should line his shoes up nicely. During class, they also discussed the importance of keeping their rooms neat and clean (especially since the third part of the Little Dragons pledge is “I will clean my room”). Anyway, when he came home, he immediately went upstairs and did this in his closet:
- Another karate perk is that the other day, I asked Isaac to do something and he said, “I don’t feel like it and I don’t want to, but I will because you asked me to”. Now I really, really, really need to get Matthew on board with karate. Because after the infamous toilet paper roll battle this morning, he spit his toothpaste all over the mirror because he was mad at me. I’m pretty sure that ain’t in the Little Dragons code.
- I’m confused about milk prices. At my regular grocery store, all of the gallons of milk cost the same. But at Costco (also known as my happy place), the skim, 2% and whole milk are all different prices. The skim is the cheapest and the price goes up from there. That’s some pricey milkfat, y’all.
- I’ve been rollerblading. We will now pause while you chuckle to yourself. Are you done? Good. So yeah, Jason and I bought rollerblades back when we lived in Florida–probably around 2004. Neither of us can remember the exact circumstances that led us to a sporting goods store to make this purchase. I can only assume that these are the kinds of bizarre things you do when you have disposable income. Anyway, I broke out the rollerblades recently, and Jason and I have had quite a chuckle because you never see people rollerblading anymore or hear about it. It just seems so…..’90s. Which is also funny because that would mean that they were already out of style when we bought them. So now every time I get them out, I get the “Portlandia” song stuck in my head…..the dream of the ’90s is alive.
- Okay, I’m just gonna say it. I would love to win the HGTV dream home. Who wouldn’t? But I am such a realist, all I can ever think is that if I did win it, I wouldn’t be able to afford the property taxes and insurance. I mean once they were giving one away in Key West. Can you imagine the hurricane insurance on that bad boy?? I’m such a buzzkill. I know. Can you imagine how hard it is to be married to me??
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.