- I know, I know–you thought I had forgotten about Whatnot Wednesday! As it turns out, there is a normal amount of mindless idiocy cluttering up my brain, I just haven’t had time to flush it out. Until now. When the boys are in school and I have my one free morning. And I am laying in bed thinking I should really go rollerblading. Or dust all the bedrooms. Or start unpacking summer clothes for the boys since it’s going to be 80 degrees all week. But instead I am watching Will and Grace. So I decided to blog and see if that makes me feel productive. So far, so good.
- I’ve been really busy lately. Busier than normal. I had a baby shower for my sister last weekend and Isaac is having lots of tests run at Children’s Hospital for his stomachaches and Matthew is in therapy and I have to have a meeting with his teacher tomorrow to see if he is going to “graduate” out of special ed, and working with all of these special diets and where was I? Oh yeah, busy. But guess what? We are going to see the Avett Brothers this Saturday and then next week, we’re going to the beach. So things are definitely looking up!
- Isaac used to always walk up to me and say, “Mom, I have a question,” and then he would just tell me something. No question, just a statement. So I started telling him, “buddy that’s not a question”. So now, he walks up to me and says, “Mom, I have an answer”.
- Isaac is still in karate and he loves it. He cracks me up though. They have to bow before going onto the mat, and bow to each other when they practice. And he was in this kick where he would bow like some kind of concert pianist or something. He would put his palm against his chest and just lower his head.
- Speaking of karate, I finally see how those ballpark moms can be such lunatics. They do this drill at karate sometimes, and it helps the kids with recognizing their body awareness. Isaac is always one of the first ones out and I feels so bad for him. And then out of nowhere the other day, he WON! Throughout the drill I was literally having to restrain myself from screaming and jumping up and down. And after class, he ran into my arms and yelled, “I WINNED! And I never, never winned before!!!”. I am not lying, I almost cried and then I bragged about it for days.
- Isaac took a break from his incessant superhero pretend-play the other day to play doctor. I always have to come up with new maladies as the patient, so I told him that a bear had come and bitten me on the leg. He ignored my leg and said, “let’s check your ears and see if there’s any bear fur in there”.
- The boys both had dentist appointments the other day and some of the hygienists were out sick, so the dentist cleaned Isaac’s teeth. The dentist was talking to Isaac and mentioned his kids. Isaac said, “You mean DENTISTS HAVE KIDS???”.
- Okay, I’m sure there’s more crud in my head, I just know it. But if I don’t go rollerblading now, I am really gonna be mad at myself.
Need to clear your head? Write your own Whatnot Wednesday post and link up below so that we can all see the randomness that fell out when you rinsed your brain. Just don’t forget to link back here or grab my button–get your HTML on.