- I’ve recently realized that in every classroom, there will always be a mother who makes cute, crafty gift bags for every child for every occasion. This mother will never be me. And I will always slightly resent her.
- Isaac and I have been reading “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” together. His first chapter book and he is following along so well!! Anyway, he told me the other night that he wanted to read “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Featuring: Mr. Willy Wonka”.
- We were explaining vowels to Isaac one day. Right when he got down the concept of “a, e, i, o and u”, I threw in that sometimes “y” was a vowel. A few hours later, he asked me, “mom, what days is “Y” a vowel on?”.
- Playing outside one day, Matthew got on his scooter. He had on his helmet, and stood there for a minute, then he looked up at me and said, “Let’s scoot!!”.
- Our cat has been going out in the backyard for a few hours at a time. He slinks around, chews on grass, climbs on the kids playground, and lays in the sun. And then he stands at the back door and meows, and when I let him in, he goes downstairs and poops in the litter box. Then he comes back upstairs and meows to go back outside. Is this not horribly wrong?
- When Isaac plays superheroes, he fights the imaginary bad guys, kills them and then tells me they are in bad guy heaven.
- We bought the boys an inflatable pool on Sunday and they were so excited. Isaac screamed, “this is the best night in the whole wide world!!!!”. And it kinda was.